I’m constantly in the search for homemade breakfast and snack goodies that I can take with me throughout the day that will keep me full, energized and guilt free. I decided to switch things up a bit from my granola bars and try making some muffins, blueberry paleo style.
I got this recipe from Bravo for Paleo. The muffins came out incredible. They’re filling, moist and have just enough sweetness to satisfy my sweet tooth.
2 1/2 cups almond flour (I made the flour in my vitamix)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut milk (I used Thai coconut milk which is A LOT thicker, feel free to use less and add some water)
1 cup fresh blueberries (I went over the top on this one and used 1 whole container. No regrets)
2-3 Tablespoons cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine almonds in vitamix to create almond flour. Otherwise by almond flour at store.
3. Combine all ingredients except for blueberries into mixing bowl. Stir thoroughly.
4. Fold blueberries into mixture.
5. Scoop mixture into 12 cup muffin pan.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.