My Top 12 of 2012
With 2013 right around the corner, I always like to take a step back and reflect on the year that has passed. Here are my lessons learned from 2012 (not in any particular order):
- Be vulnerable by giving yourself the opportunity to do what you love.
- Take care of yourself: Sleep well. Eat well. Be well.
- Always be positive. Good things will only come your way.
- Never react to a situation. Feel the emotion. Let it pass. Then take action.
- Surround yourself with people that love you and support you.
- Take everything day by day and step by step. Live in the present. Not the future.
- When the mind begins to kick it into high gear and you need to slow down, close your eyes and breathe.
- Never try to control ANYTHING. Control sets expectations and creates anxiety.
- Be outside as much as you can. Even in the winter…
- Use movement to calm the mind. Yoga. Run. Walk. Doing these activities outdoors enhances their effects.
- Patience is the key to handling any stressful situation successfully.
- Listen. Listening allows you to grow.
- Love passionately. Never stop loving who you are, the people in your life and what you do.
As for 2013, I have no resolutions but a one word intention. BELIEVE.
Best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year!