Now that fall is here I’m finally getting back into my cooking groove. It has become my “yoga” on Sunday nights. A great way for me to stay in, recharge for the week and do something relaxing. Here’s one of my favorite recipes: Chicken sausage, lentil, sweet potato stew. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
Package of Trader Joe’s Chicken Sausage
Package of Trader Joe’s brown lentils
2 Boxes of Trader Joes’s Organic Chicken Broth
5 ribs of celery
1 medium onion
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 bag of Trader Joe’s sweet potatoes (use 4 small ones for recipe and use others to for baking)
2 bunches of kale
2 tablespoons of thyme
1. Heat olive oil in pan on medium-high heat.
2. Chop onion and add to pan for 5 minutes.
3. Add chopped celery and thyme. Let sit for 4 minutes until onion is slightly brown and clear.
4. Add chopped chicken sausage, lentils and chicken broth.
5. Bring heat to high until it boils and then bring heat down to medium low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add in chopped sweet potatoes (used about 4 small ones and baked the remaining in the oven with oil olive and salt). Let simmer for 12 minutes.
7. Add in kale and let simmer for 3 minutes.
8. Add in salt and pepper for taste.
Enjoy and let me know what you think! Cheers & Namaste!